AMS Cadet Corps
AMS Cadet Corps will teach medical and health knowledge and skill for cadets so as to help them build up a good character and become future pillars of society.
The courses, includes:
(i) Induction course: AMS orders, first aid, footdrill, discipline, basic etiquette etc.
(ii) Regular training: AMS orders, skills for disaster medical assistant, footdrill, discipline, basic etiquette, civic education etc.
(iii) Advanced training courses:
- ● Physical fitness activities (footdrill and cycling training);
- ● Public health / infection control;
- ● Health education / health promotion;
- ● Basic nursing care;
- ● Understanding of psychosocial first-aid/psychosocial health;
- ● Site observation at accidental and emergency rooms / hospitals / other medical units;
- ● Personal development programmes (such as delivering public speeches and conducting talks on drug abuse and health at school); and
- ● Others: lifesaving, canoeing, orienteering, camp craft, dragon boating, leadership skills training and The Hong Kong Award for Young People etc.