1. The information provided by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“the Government”) in this mobile application, including but not limited to all text, graphics, drawings, diagrams, photographs, audio files, video files and compilation of data or other materials, is for reference only. No express or implied warranty, representation or statement is given or made by the Government as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness and fitness for any particular purpose of the information in this mobile application.
2. The inclusion of hyperlinks to other websites in this mobile application which contain inputs by parties other than the Government is to facilitate cross-reference only. The Government has neither approved nor endorsed the content thereof. No express or implied warranty, representation or statement is given or made by the Government as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness and fitness for a particular purpose of the content thereof.
3. The Government shall not be liable for any errors, omissions, misstatements or misrepresentations (whether express or implied) in respect of this mobile application or any information contained herein, and shall not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction, damage or injury (including without limitation special, incidental, indirect or consequential loss, destruction, damage or injury) howsoever arising from or in respect of any use or misuse of, or reliance on this mobile application (including without limitation any information, guidelines and tips for helping oneself at emergency situations) or inability to use such information, reproduction or re-dissemination of the contents available on this mobile application or otherwise in respect of any cause whatsoever in relation to the use of this mobile application. Users are responsible for making their own assessments and for sourcing help / other guidance as appropriate in respect of all information contained in or in connection with this mobile application, and are advised to verify such information by, for instance, making reference to the original publications and obtain independent advice before acting on it.
4. Although this mobile application is free, users will be charged by their mobile network operators for the use of mobile data. These charges can become very expensive when this mobile application is used on roaming. Users are at liberty to determine whether to disable the option of “Data Roaming” in the settings of your mobile devices where appropriate. This mobile application requires Internet access to download the relevant data from the Internet and receive push notifications.
5. This mobile application relies on GPS technology and Google Maps to locate the users’ current locations and the Government facilities nearby, which will be showed on Google Maps of the users’ mobile devices.
6. The estimated location as provided in this mobile application may not exactly be the same as the information provided by other Government departments or the actual site conditions, depending on the function and performance of the users’ mobile devices.
7. Users should note that the continuous use of GPS running in the background may decrease the battery life of their mobile devices.
8. This mobile application supports the use of Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) provided by Apple and Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) provided by Google. The Government does not guarantee the successful or timely reception of information in this mobile application through APNS or FCM (or at all). Please note that the APNS services require mobile devices running from iOS 9.0 or above, while the FCM services require mobile devices running from Android 4.4 or above.
9. The Government will record the number of visits to this mobile application without collecting any personal identifiable information from users. Such general statistics are collected to compile statistical reports and diagnose problems with, or concerning, the operation systems to help improve this mobile application.
11. This mobile application will only use the location information to provide the users with personalized results and/or services. The Government shall not collect or save any location information that you do not volunteer or enable.
12. This mobile application will detect the users’ current locations and present data that are the most relevant to the users by retrieving information from servers of the Government and Google Maps, and display the users’ current locations with reference to the locations of the Government facilities nearby on Google Maps of the users’ mobile device.
13. For the "Safety Check" function, this mobile application will detect the users’ current locations and search for geospatial information using the Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) provided by Apple or Google. Information in the safety check message including the users’ current locations and the geospatial information retrieved will be sent via the mobile messaging application (e.g. WhatsApp) chosen by the users and will not be saved or sent out by this mobile application.
14. For the "My Hiking Journal" function, this mobile application will detect the users’ current locations using APIs provided by Apple or Google. Users’ locations information will not be sent out by this mobile application.
15. The Hiker Tracking Service is provided and maintained by the Communications Association of Hong Kong (“CAHK”). If there is any outage of the services provided by CAHK, the GPS data of the users may not be able to be sent to CAHK’s service center. Whilst the Government will try to notify the users of any outage via this mobile application, it is not guaranteed that the notification can be sent to each user successfully. Further to paragraph 1 above and to the fullest extent permitted by the applicable laws, the Government expressly disclaims all conditions and warranties of any kind whatsoever, whether express or implied, in relation to the Hiker Tracking Service, including but not limited to any implied conditions and warranties of accuracy, completeness, timeliness, fitness, adequacy, and reliability of this mobile application.
16. To allow users to gain access to the enquiry service of the Government facilities nearby, this mobile application will render the mobile devices to call the relevant hotline automatically when a user presses the dial link in this mobile application. This mobile application will not access any information in the contacts of the users’ mobile devices.
17. To allow users to mark on the calendars of their mobile devices events listed on this mobile application (applicable to version 2.7.2 or below), this mobile application will have access to the calendar function of the users’ mobile devices but without reading or storing any information in the users’ calendar of their mobile devices in the data servers of the Government.
18. To provide timely update to users, this mobile application will save in the Government’s data servers the users’ preferences on receiving information through push notification. To allow users to receive their chosen types of push notifications, this mobile application will also save in the Government’s data servers the device identifiers of the users’ mobile devices and their chosen types of push notifications. The said device identifiers are not personal identifiable information. Nothing herein shall result in the saving of any personal identifiable information from users.
Intellectual Property Rights Notice
19. The contents available on this mobile application, including but not limited to all text, graphics, drawings, diagrams, photographs, audio files, video files and compilation of data or other materials, are subject to intellectual property rights which are either owned by the Government or have been licensed to the Government by the owner(s) of intellectual property rights of such contents to deal with and/or sub-license such contents for the purposes of all activities contemplated herein.
20. The contents available on this mobile application may be re-disseminated or reproduced, provided that such re-dissemination or reproduction is purely for non-commercial use and the Government is properly cited as the source of contents.
21. Any reproduction, adaptation, distribution, dissemination, making available to the public or otherwise use of the contents available on this mobile application for any purpose other than that permitted in paragraph 19 above is strictly prohibited, unless prior written authorization is obtained from the Government.
22. For the avoidance of doubt, the authorization given in paragraph 19 above does not extend to any content on other websites linked to this mobile application, or any content on this mobile application of which the intellectual property rights belong to a third party. Authorization or permission to use, reproduce or redistribute such contents must be obtained from the owners of intellectual property rights concerned.
Important Points to Note
23. This agreement has been translated into Chinese. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
24. By using this application, you are taken to agree to accept unconditionally the terms of this agreement which may be revised and/or amended from time to time by the Government without prior notice to you. Please check this application regularly for any revisions and/or amendments which may be made.