Residents intending to visit the country or are already there should monitor the situation, exercise caution and attend to personal safety. Residents should avoid all non-essential travel to eastern Mindanao and avoid all travel to central and western Mindanao due to the unpredictable security situation. Those in the Philippines who need assistance may call the 24-hour hotline of the Assistance to Hong Kong Residents Unit (AHU) of the Immigration Department at (852)1868 or the consular protection hotline of the Chinese Embassy / Consulate-General in the Philippines (Embassy - (63) 9178972695, Consulate-General in Cebu - (63) 9175495614 and Consulate-General in Laoag - (63) 9178051226).
- On 28 August 2018, an explosion occurred in Isulan of Mindanao, resulting in casualties.
- On 31 July 2018, an explosion occurred in Lamitan near Mindanao, resulting in casualties.
- On 2 June 2017, a gunman attacked a resort in Manila, resulting in casualties.
- On 2 September 2016, a bomb attack occurred in Davao City, Mindanao, resulting in serious casualties. On 5 September 2016, the Filipino authorities declared a state of national emergency on account of lawless violence.
- Kidnapping continued in Mindanao in southern Philippines. In late September 2015, kidnapping occurred in a resort on the Samal Island of southern Mindanao.
- In late May 2014, kidnapping continued to occur in Mindanao in southern Philippines. Residents are advised to avoid travelling to southern and western Mindanao, including Zamboanga Peninsula and Sulu Archipelago.
- In early May 2014, shooting incidents were reported in Manila, resulting in casualties.
[ current OTA issued on 23 April 2014, 17:00 ]
Registration for Outbound Travel Information (ROTI)
Before departing Hong Kong, residents may register via ROTI their travel itineraries and contact details to receive updates on OTA and related information. The Immigration Department may contact and assist the registrants in an emergency.
Hyperlinks to other travel advisories:
Outbound Travel Alert of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China (Chinese only)
Travel Advisories of Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (English only)
Travel Reports and Warnings of Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (English only)
Travelling and Living Overseas of British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (English only)
Travel Health News from Travel Health Service of the Department of Health