Germany (North Rhine-Westphalia region)
In view of the recent outbreak of Coronavirus Disease-2019 (COVID-19) in the North Rhine-Westphalia region in Germany, residents planning to travel to the region should adjust travel plans and avoid non-essential travel. Those already there should pay attention to announcements by local authorities. Residents are also advised to take precautionary measures, wear a mask and observe hand hygiene when entering healthcare facilities and visiting crowded places. Hong Kong residents in Germany who need assistance may call the 24-hour hotline of the Assistance to Hong Kong Residents Unit (AHU) of the Immigration Department at (852) 1868 or contact the Chinese Embassy in Germany at consular protection hotline: (49) 3027588551.
- On 20 July 2018, a knife attack occurred on a bus in Lubeck, resulting in injuries.
- On 7 April 2018, a van drove into a crowd in Muenster, resulting in casualties.
- On 19 December 2016, a truck barreled into a crowded Christmas market in Berlin, resulting in serious casualties.
- On 24 July 2016, an explosion occurred in the southern city of Ansbach, resulting in casualties.
- On 22 July 2016, gun attack occurred at a shopping centre in Munich, resulting in casualties.
- On 18 July 2016, an axe attack occurred on a train near Wurzburg, causing serious injuries.
[ current OTA issued on 10 Mar 2020, 13:30 ]
Registration for Outbound Travel Information (ROTI)
Before departing Hong Kong, residents may register via ROTI their travel itineraries and contact details to receive updates on OTA and related information. The Immigration Department may contact and assist the registrants in an emergency.
Hyperlinks to other travel advisories:
Outbound Travel Alert of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China (Chinese only)
Travel Advisories of Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (English only)
Travel Reports and Warnings of Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (English only)
Travelling and Living Overseas of British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (English only)
Travel Health News from Travel Health Service of the Department of Health