Outbound Travel Alert  

Country Information

  • On 17 August 2017, a van ploughed into pedestrians in Barcelona‚Äôs Las Ramblas, resulting in serious casualties. On the same day, another car was driven into people in Cambrils, south-west of Barcelona, resulting in casualties.

  • Residents in Spain who need assistance may call the 24-hour hotline of the Assistance to Hong Kong Residents Unit (AHU) of the Immigration Department at (852) 1868 or contact the Chinese Embassy in Spain at consular protection hotline: (34) 91- 5194242 / (34) 699089086.

  • (updated on 21 August 2017)

Registration for Outbound Travel Information (ROTI)

Before departing Hong Kong, residents may register via ROTI their travel itineraries and contact details to receive updates on OTA and related information. The Immigration Department may contact and assist the registrants in an emergency.

Hyperlinks to other travel advisories:

Outbound Travel Alert of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China (Chinese only)

Travelling and Living Overseas of British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (English only)

Travel Reports and Warnings of Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (English only)

Travel Advisories of Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (English only)

Travel Health News from Travel Health Service of the Department of Health