Outbound Travel Alert  

Bushfires in Australia
  • Bushfires in multiple regions of the country have resulted in casualties. In some regions, state of emergency has been declared, and road closures and evacuations have been ordered. Air quality throughout the country is affected by the bushfires.

  • Hong Kong residents there should attend to personal safety, stay away from the affected areas, pay attention to the transport arrangement and follow the local announcements.

  • Residents in Australia who need assistance may call the 24-hour hotline of the Assistance to Hong Kong Residents Unit of the Immigration Department at (852) 1868 or contact the Chinese Embassy in Australia at 61-2-62283948.

  • (updated on 7 January 2020)

Registration for Outbound Travel Information (ROTI)

Before departing Hong Kong, residents may register via ROTI their travel itineraries and contact details to receive updates on OTA and related information. The Immigration Department may contact and assist the registrants in an emergency.

Hyperlinks to other travel advisories:

Outbound Travel Alert of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China (Chinese only)

Travel Reports and Warnings of Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (English only)

Travelling and Living Overseas of British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (English only)

Travel Health News from Travel Health Service of the Department of Health