United Kingdom (UK)
||Residents who plan to visit the country or are already there should monitor the situation, exercise caution, attend to personal safety, avoid travelling to places of large gatherings of people and pay attention to announcements by local authorities. Residents in the UK who need assistance may call the 24-hour hotline of the Assistance to Hong Kong Residents Unit (AHU) of the Immigration Department at (852) 1868 or contact the Chinese Embassy in the UK at consular protection hotline: (44) 20-74368294 / 20-76311430
- On 17 September 2017, the UK government lowered the country’s terrorism threat level to “severe”.
- On 15 September 2017, an explosion occurred on a London underground train, resulting in injuries. The UK government raised the country’s terrorism threat level to the highest level of “critical”.
- On 25 August 2017, a knife attack on British police officers occurred near Buckingham Palace in London, resulting in injuries.
- On 18 June 2017, a vehicle hit pedestrians in north London, resulting in casualties.
- On 3 June 2017, attacks occurred near London Bridge and Borough Market in London, resulting in casualties.
- On 27 May 2017, the UK government lowered the country’s terrorism threat level to “severe”.
- On 22 May 2017, an explosion occurred at a concert in Manchester, resulting in serious casualties. On 23 May 2017, the UK government raised the country’s terrorism threat level to the highest level of “critical”.
- On 22 March 2017, an attack occurred near the House of Parliament in London, resulting in casualties.
[ current OTA issued on 24 May 2017, 19:15 ]
Registration for Outbound Travel Information (ROTI)
Before departing Hong Kong, residents may register via ROTI their travel itineraries and contact details to receive updates on OTA and related information. The Immigration Department may contact and assist the registrants in an emergency.
Hyperlinks to other travel advisories:
Outbound Travel Alert of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China (Chinese only)
Travel Advisories of Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (English only)
Travel Reports and Warnings of Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (English only)
Travel Health News from Travel Health Service of the Department of Health