Residents who intend to visit the country or are already there should exercise caution, attend to personal safety, pay attention to announcements by local authorities and avoid large gatherings of people. Those in Thailand who need assistance may call the 24-hour hotline of the Assistance to Hong Kong Residents Unit (AHU) of the Immigration Department at (852)1868 or contact the Chinese Embassy / Consulate-General in Thailand: Embassy - (66) 854833327, Consulate-General in Khon Kaen - (66) 809366070, Consulate-General in Songkhla - (66) 817665560 and Consulate-General in Chiang Mai - (66) 818823283.
- On 9 May 2017, bomb explosions occurred in the southern province of Pattani, resulting in injuries.
- On 23 August 2016, bomb explosions occurred in the southern province of Pattani, resulting in casualties.
- On 11 and 12 August 2016, bomb explosions occurred in Hua Hin and Surat Thani, resulting in casualties involving foreign nationals.
- On 17 August 2015, a bomb exploded close to the Erawan Shrine in the centre of Bangkok, resulting in casualties, including foreign nationals. On 18 August 2015, a small explosive was thrown near Sathorn Pier in Bangkok; no one was injured.
- In mid April 2015, a car bomb exploded at the carpark of a shopping mall in Koh Samui, resulting in injuries.
- On 1 April 2015, the Thai government lifted the martial law invoked across the whole country since 20 May 2014.
- In early February 2015, two small bombs exploded outside a shopping mall in Bangkok.
[ current OTA issued on 22 September 2015, 18:00 ]
Registration for Outbound Travel Information (ROTI)
Before departing Hong Kong, residents may register via ROTI their travel itineraries and contact details to receive updates on OTA and related information. The Immigration Department may contact and assist the registrants in an emergency.
Hyperlinks to other travel advisories:
Outbound Travel Alert of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China (Chinese only)
Travel Advisories of Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (English only)
Travel Reports and Warnings of Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (English only)
Travelling and Living Overseas of British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (English only)
Travel Health News from Travel Health Service of the Department of Health