Residents intending to visit the country or are already there should monitor the situation, exercise caution, attend to personal safety and avoid protests and large gatherings of people.
- A series of attacks occurred during campaign activities in the lead-up to the general elections on 11 May 2013, resulting in serious casualties.
- In mid February 2013, a bomb attack occurred in Quetta, the capital of the south-western province of Balochistan, resulting in serious casualties.
- In early January 2013, a series of explosion attacks occurred in Quetta, the capital of the south-western province of Balochistan, resulting in serious casualties.
- In late December 2012, a bomb attack on a bus in the Mastung district of Baluchistan province, near Iranian border, resulted in serious casualties.
- In mid December 2012, a rocket attack on areas close to the airport in the northwestern city of Peshawar resulted in casualties. Security at airports throughout the country has been increased.
- In early October 2012, the Government of Pakistan issued a general threat alert on possible terrorist attacks in Islamabad against key government installations in the downtown area of Islamabad known as the "Red Zone" and some international hotels in the city.
- In early September 2012, explosion in the northwestern city of Peshawar resulted in casualties.
- In April 2012, violence clashes in Gilgit city resulted in casualties.
- In mid May 2011, violent attacks in the cities of Peshawar and Karachi and further explosions occurred in Charsadda resulted in casualties.
- In late March 2011, explosions in Swabi and Charsadda cities resulted in casualties.
- In November 2010, an explosion in Central Karachi resulted in many deaths and injuries.
- Series of terrorist attacks, particularly in the north-west border, the city of Karachi and Lahore.
[ current OTA issued on 20 October 2009, 11:00 ]
Registration for Outbound Travel Information (ROTI)
Before departing Hong Kong, residents may register via ROTI their travel itineraries and contact details to receive updates on OTA and related information. The Immigration Department may contact and assist the registrants in an emergency.
Hyperlinks to other travel advisories:
Outbound Travel Alert of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China (Chinese only)
Travel Advisories of Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (English only)
Travel Reports and Warnings of Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (English only)
Travelling and Living Overseas of British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (English only)