Residents intending to visit the country or are already there should monitor the situation, exercise caution, attend to personal safety and avoid protests and large gatherings of people.
- Frequent strikes and demonstrations occurred in mid May 2012.
- On 30 April 2012, an explosion in Janakpur, south-eastern Nepal, resulted in casualties.
- In late February 2012, an explosion in Kathmandu, capital of Nepal, resulted in casualties.
- In late March 2011, explosions occurred in Terai region in south Nepal.
- In mid 2010, anti-government demonstrations occurred across the country.
[ current OTA issued on 4 May 2010, 16:30 ]
Registration for Outbound Travel Information (ROTI)
Before departing Hong Kong, residents may register via ROTI their travel itineraries and contact details to receive updates on OTA and related information. The Immigration Department may contact and assist the registrants in an emergency.
Hyperlinks to other travel advisories:
Outbound Travel Alert of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China (Chinese only)
Travel Advisories of Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (English only)
Travel Reports and Warnings of Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (English only)
Travelling and Living Overseas of British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (English only)