Residents intending to visit the country or are already there should monitor the situation, exercise caution, attend to personal safety and avoid protests and large gatherings of people.
- In late November 2012, a grenade attack in Nairobi resulted in casualties.
- In mid October 2012, a grenade attack in Likoni (in the coastal region near Mombasa), resulted in casualties.
- At end September 2012, a grenade attack in the Kenyan capital Nairobi resulted in casualties.
- In late August 2012, clashes in Mombasa resulted in casualties.
- In early July 2012, attacks in Garissa resulted in casualties.
- In late June 2012, an explosion in Mombasa resulted in casualties.
[ current OTA issued on 25 June 2012, 17:00 ]
Registration for Outbound Travel Information (ROTI)
Before departing Hong Kong, residents may register via ROTI their travel itineraries and contact details to receive updates on OTA and related information. The Immigration Department may contact and assist the registrants in an emergency.
Hyperlinks to other travel advisories:
Outbound Travel Alert of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China (Chinese only)
Travel Advisories of Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (English only)
Travel Reports and Warnings of Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (English only)
Travelling and Living Overseas of British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (English only)