- On 11 December 2017, an explosion occurred in an underground passageway in Manhattan, New York, resulting in injuries.
- On 5 November 2017, a shooting incident occurred at a church in a small Texas town, resulting in serious casualties.
- On 31 October 2017, a truck mowed down pedestrians and cyclists on a bike path in Manhattan, New York, resulting in casualties.
- On 2 October 2017, a shooting incident occurred in Las Vegas, resulting in serious casualties.
- Residents in USA who need assistance may call the 24-hour hotline of the Assistance to Hong Kong Residents Unit (AHU) of the Immigration Department at (852) 1868 or contact the Chinese Embassy in USA at consular protection hotline: (1) 202-2975697 / 202-6698024.
(updated on 12 December 2017)
Registration for Outbound Travel Information (ROTI)
Before departing Hong Kong, residents may register via ROTI their travel itineraries and contact details to receive updates on OTA and related information. The Immigration Department may contact and assist the registrants in an emergency.
Hyperlinks to other travel advisories:
Outbound Travel Alert of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China (Chinese only)
Travel Advisories of Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (English only)
Travel Reports and Warnings of Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (English only)
Travelling and Living Overseas of British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (English only)
Travel Health News from Travel Health Service of the Department of Health