Outbound Travel Alert  

Country Information

  • On 1 October 2017, attacks occurred in the city of Edmonton, Alberta. A police officer was stabbed and a few pedestrians were hit by a car.

  • Residents in Canada who need assistance may call the 24-hour hotline of the Assistance to Hong Kong Residents Unit (AHU) of the Immigration Department at (852) 1868 or contact the Chinese Embassy in Canada at consular protection hotline: (1) 613-7893513 / 613-8788818.

    (updated on 2 October 2017)

Registration for Outbound Travel Information (ROTI)

Before departing Hong Kong, residents may register via ROTI their travel itineraries and contact details to receive updates on OTA and related information. The Immigration Department may contact and assist the registrants in an emergency.

Hyperlinks to other travel advisories:

Outbound Travel Alert of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China (Chinese only)

Travel Advisories of Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (English only)

Travelling and Living Overseas of British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (English only)

Travel Health News from Travel Health Service of the Department of Health